Bears of the north

This is the story of a quite complicated piece, which took my mum and me, at least 3 years to complete.

The designer, Cécile Vessière, made a series of bears, one piece for each season. Our favourite one was set in winter time, as it gives a really nice warm feeling. However, we never realised how tricky it was going to be. 
As always, my mum wanted to make a piece on her own. She started it but quite quickly dropped it. She is much better with single-coloured pieces. Having to change thread makes her quite impatient. This is why I got involved. However, I didn't make it as quickly as I could have done it, especially because every single bear is delimitated. This is usually the annoying part for me. Even more so when for one bear there are more than 5 different colours to use. Impatient mum decided to help without knowing it was going to get even more confusing for me as I had to check extra-carefully what had been already done. It was my turn to drop it! After lots of arguing laughters and my mum giving many doe eyes to convince me to finish it, she finally decided to minimise the number of colours to delimit the bears. And this is the result of a mother-daughter collaboration.




Abécédaire ours (50 x 30 cm)

Design by Cécile Vessière

No comments:

Post a Comment